BS&A is looking to hire entry level Quality Assurance Specialists. This position requires a large variety of skills and talents, including a great attention to detail and the ability work as a team and to think outside the box while testing applications in order to ensure our applications meet customer requirements. Prior experience in the QA field is not required. Experience with issue tracking software and testing methods are a plus. Ideal candidates should match the following character traits:
- Share our core values. Our core values are to:
- Provide unparalleled customer service
- Be easy to do business with
- Pursue excellence. Have passion. Never be satisfied
- Be humble. Act with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to create exceptional software for our customers.
- Self-motivated. We feel the moment we need to motivate our personnel, we have the wrong person for our company. We believe trying to motivate an individual is a complete waste of time. Instead, we look for self-motivated people who are results oriented, and point them in the right direction.
- Combination of smarts and a strong work ethic. Each person we hire should have the talent and competitive fire to eventually be our best staff member.
- Strong understanding of the difference between having a job and holding a responsibility. We call this “productively neurotic.” People who are productively neurotic have a need to take care of outstanding issues, doing what it takes to produce results. In short, if they see a hole, they want to fill it.
- Character/integrity. All members of BS&A Software need to demonstrate consistent honesty and integrity toward our customers and toward co-workers.
- Strong interest in mastering software and technology in general.
The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor's degree or industry experience in a related field and/or have a strong interest in the use and application of technology. He or she must also have exceptional interpersonal skills and be proficient with computer software. Expected Salary Range is $48,000 - $55,000 Depending On Qualifications. This position includes full health, dental and vision coverage and a great 401k Plan. EOE. Email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
The responsibilities/goals of the Software QA Specialist is to ensure successful completion of customer requirements, development documents, and program changes, update and maintain testing and examples databases to be used internally as well as externally and create, maintain and execute testing procedures and test cases for desktop and web based applications. Additionally the QA Specialist will be expected to attend project meetings and provide status reports for assigned tasks.
QA team members will focus on:
- Becoming familiar with our company culture and values
- Adopting our "customer-focused" philosophy
- Developing a solid, professional working relationship with each BS&A Team
- Analyze and interpret customer requirements
- Run regression tests
- Complete manual testing checklists for applications
- Provide quality assurance testing to ensure the development and release of quality products
- Assist with feature documentation
- Communicate with Team Members about formal testing plans, problems, and results
- Think out of the box to ensure quality testing of applications
- Update and Maintain testing databases to be used internally and externally
Are you a leader among your peers? Do these skills and talents accurately describe you? Would you like to work with other like-minded people of exceptional talent? If so, we would like to hear from you.
BS&A Software uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires.