BSA hires 90% of its full-time team members from the pool of candidates who have participated in our Internship Program. We are looking for people with an aptitude for technology, an interest in problem-solving, and an engaging personality. We tend to look for folks with one of the following degrees or categories: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Quality Assurance Specialist, Load Testing Experience, and ETL Developer.
We are looking for the following traits:
- Share our core values. Our core values are to:
- Provide unparalleled customer service
- Be easy to do business with
- Pursue excellence. Have passion. Never be satisfied.
- Be humble. Act with integrity.
- Take care of each other
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to create exceptional software for our customers.
- Self-motivated. We feel the moment we need to motivate our personnel, we have the wrong person for our company. We believe trying to motivate an individual is a complete waste of time. Instead, we look for self-motivated people who are results oriented, and point them in the right direction.
- Combination of smarts and a strong work ethic. Each person we hire should have the talent and competitive fire to eventually be our best staff member.
- Strong understanding of the difference between having a job and holding a responsibility. We call this “productively neurotic.” People who are productively neurotic have a need to take care of outstanding issues, doing what it takes to produce results. In short, if they see a hole, they want to fill it.
- Character/integrity. All members of BS&A Software need to demonstrate consistent honesty and integrity toward our customers and toward co-workers.
- Strong interest in mastering software and technology in general.
- Experience developing in C++/C#/Java is preferred
- Windows Forms and/or web development is a plus
- ASP.NET MVC/SPA experience
- Unit testing experience
- SCRUM/Agile Development Experience
Intern Job Responsibilities/Goals
While working alongside our full-time developers and quality assurance specialists, interns will be equal members of our team. You'll find yourself working on a wide range of software projects and all aspects of the development life cycle. Example responsibilities and goals include:
- Create our latest generation of applications
- Maintain existing C# Windows Form business applications
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Work with our QA team to ensure stable software releases
- Gain experience in real-world software development processes
BS&A Software uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires.