BS&A is looking to hire both entry level and experienced QA developers to join our team; we hire 90% of our full-time team members from the pool of candidates who have participated in our Internship Program. Qualified individuals should have a strong understanding of a wide variety of software and should have experience in the fields of Computer Science, Software Development or Quality Assurance testing practices. We strive to maintain a culture and reward system that is a meritocracy rather than a system based on age or seniority. Ideal candidates should match the following character traits:
- Share our core values:
- Provide unparalleled customer service
- Be easy to do business with
- Pursue excellence. Have passion. Never be satisfied
- Be humble. Act with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to create exceptional software for our customers.
- Self-motivated. We feel the moment we need to motivate our personnel, we have the wrong person for our company. We believe trying to motivate an individual is a complete waste of time. Instead, we look for self-motivated people who are results oriented, and point them in the right direction.
- Combination of smarts and a strong work ethic. Each person we hire should have the talent and competitive fire to eventually be our best staff member.
- Strong understanding of the difference between having a job and holding a responsibility. We call this “productively neurotic.” People who are productively neurotic have a need to take care of outstanding issues, doing what it takes to produce results. In short, if they see a hole, they want to fill it.
- Character/integrity. All members of BS&A Software need to demonstrate consistent honesty and integrity toward our customers and toward co-workers.
- Strong interest in mastering software and technology in general.
- C# and/or SQL knowledge is a plus
- Windows forms and/or web development
- Degree or certificate in Computer Science, Quality Assurance or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Effective communicator
- Works well within a team
- Capable of learning and adjusting quickly to new challenges
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Coded-UI Testing
- Unit testing
Intern Job Responsibilities/Goals:
While working alongside our full-time quality assurance specialists and developers, interns will be equal members of our team. You'll find yourself working on a wide range of projects and all aspects of the quality assurance life cycle. Example responsibilities and goals include:
- Work as part of our QA Development team in an agile SCRUM environment
- Improve and maintain existing C# Windows Form business application stability
- Work on improving and maintaining automated testing processes
- Write and maintain unit tests
Are you a leader among your peers? Are you a great problem solver and fast learner? Would you like to work with other like-minded developers of exceptional talent? If so, we would like to hear from you.
BS&A Software uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires.